Monday, August 20, 2012

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - April 2012

I made these Yoshi egg cupcakes for my son, Caleb, to take to school and celebrate his 10th birthday with his class.

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes 1


Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Close-Up Group

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Close-Up of Blue Egg 1

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Close-Up of Green Egg 1

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Close-Up of Yellow Egg

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Close-Up of Blue Egg 2

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Close-Up of Green Egg 2

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes - Angled View

Yoshi Egg Cupcakes 2

To make these I started by baking some Funfetti cupcakes.  As they were cooling I squeezed the sides a little to see if it would make them have more of an egg/oval shape rather than just a circle.  It worked on some of them and didn't work as well on others.  Some of them baked a little unevenly and looked more oval all on their own.  :)  After the cupcakes cooled completely I used vanilla buttercream to ice the cupcakes.  I tried to spread the icing in a way to help give more of an egg shape also.  Then I used some jumbo round sprinkles to make the spots for the eggs.  Caleb picked green, yellow, and blue since we didn't have enough to just do green.

Caleb liked them and enjoyed getting to share them with his class.  :)
Andrea - Animated Name




(I created my animated name at this site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...