Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of the School Year Thank You Cupcakes - June 2013

Since it was my son, Caleb's, last year at the elementary school I made these cupcakes as a thank you for the staff and teachers that had been part of his elementary years.

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Angled View

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Group Close-Up 1

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Overhead View
 
For these cupcakes I started out baking chocolate cupcakes and letting them cool completely.  I wanted the cupcakes to have a nice round dome shape to them, so I was happy that they cooperated and turned out that way.  :)

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Group Close-Up 2

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Close-Up View 1

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Close-Up View 2

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Close-Up View 3
 
I made all my red and blue fondant flowers and let them dry.  I decided to dip the tops of these cupcakes in chocolate instead of icing them.  I wanted that smooth shiny look to them (and I could try out my new white food coloring again :) ).  So, I needed everything that I was going to top them with to be ready. 

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - Group Close-Up 3

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes
 
I used chocolate almond bark as my cupcake topping.  I melted the almond bark according to the package directions in a small bowl that was deep enough to dip the cupcake tops without touching the bottom.  I dipped the cupcake tops in the chocolate and then placed my flowers and pearl sprinkles before the chocolate hardened.  Once they were all dipped and hardened I used white gel food coloring to paint 'Thanks!' on the cupcakes.
 
I was really pleased with how these cupcakes turned out.   I thought they looked pretty classy.  :)
 
This is a cupcake that I made for my daughter, Carissa, to give to her GT teacher.  I ran out of little red flowers.
 Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcake - Blue Flower Only
 
This is what the cupcakes looked like without writing on them.
Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - No Words - Close-Up 1

Teacher and Staff Thank You Cupcakes - No Words - Group Close-Up
 
The cupcakes below are the extra ones that I decorated for my family to enjoy.
Extra Cupcakes with Black Flowers and Yellow and Orange Flower

Extra Cupcakes with Black Flowers and Yellow and Orange Flower - Close-Up

Extra Cupcakes with Black Flowers and Yellow and Orange Flower - Overhead View









(Created animated name at this site.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...