Monday, September 21, 2009

My Little Pony, My Little Pony... - July 2004

I made these My Little Pony themed rainbow cakes for my daughter, Cara's, 5th birthday.

3D My Little Pony Rainbow Shaped Cakes 1
 
3D My Little Pony Rainbow Shaped Cakes 2
I originally saw this idea on a show that used to come on that Cara and I would watch together called Zoom.  It was a kid's show with crafts, recipes, games, silly skits, etc. that was hosted by kids.

After I mixed the batter I separated it into three bowls and colored the batter rainbow colors.  I layered the colors when I poured the batter in the pan; so when we cut the cake it was colored pink, yellow, and blue like the icing.  That was a fun surprise.  I baked the cake in a Bundt pan.  I cut the cake in half and stood the halves up to look like rainbows.  Then I iced them in buttercream that I had tinted rainbow colors. 

The ponies are pictures that I cut out from her My Little Pony toys' packaging and then laminated.  After the cake was iced I put the ponies in various places around the rainbows.  I attached paper that looked like grass around the bottom rainbow and paper that looked like sky around the top rainbow to make it look like one was on the ground and one was in the sky. 

Featured on Cast Party Wednesday
------------------------------
Parties I've Linked This Post To:

5 comments:

  1. cute! love the rainbow, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill - Thank you! :) I'll definitely link the cake up at the party; thanks for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty & colourful... I am sure delicious too.
    Would love if you join with the event
    Decorating Challenge in my space with your lovely creations…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - Thank you! :) Thanks for the invite too; I'll make sure to link the cake up at the event.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...