Monday, September 21, 2009

Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You... - April 2005

These are two Scooby Doo themed cakes I made for my son, Caleb's, 3rd birthday.

Scooby Doo Paw Print Cake

Scooby Doo Bone Cake

Scooby Doo Paw Print Cake and Bone Cake Together

He had a Scooby Doo party.  For the brown 'Scooby Doo' paw print cake I just made a round cake and put four cupcakes around the top for toes and iced them all with buttercream.  I wrote Happy Birthday (not so well, but okay :) ) in the middle with blue icing.

For the white bone cake I made a small cake in a loaf pan to get a little rectangle and I made four small (6 inch I think) round cakes.  I placed the round cakes on the corners of the loaf pan to make it look like the shape of a bone.  Where the cakes overlapped I cut that part off the little rectangle loaf cake so the round cakes could fit in flat next to the rectangle middle.  Then I iced them all in white buttercream, piped a line around the edge of the bone in blue, and wrote Caleb's name in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...