Tuesday, January 17, 2017

40th Anniversary Mini Cake - September 2014

After I made the 50th anniversary cake for my husband's parents (see that cake here) I had a little mini cake left that I didn't end up using.  So, I decided to make a little cake for my parents. They had just celebrated their 40th anniversary earlier in the summer, so I thought it would be a sweet little surprise.

40th Anniversary Mini Cake 1

40th Anniversary Mini Cake - Close Up of Cornelli Lace & Pearlized Fondant

40th Anniversary Mini Cake 2

40th Anniversary Mini Cake - Level View

40th Anniversary Mini Cake 3

I covered a little cake that was 3-4 inches with white fondant.  I airbrushed the fondant with a pearl sheen food coloring.  Then I used white icing and I think a #2 round tip to make the cornelli lace pattern on the fondant.  The numbers were made from white fondant that I rolled out into a snake then flattened evenly and formed the numbers with it.  Then I airbrushed the numbers with the pearl sheen and added the edible pearls to them.  I placed them on the cake and voila!

Now, here's the funny part of the story [and to explain why the 4 looks a little wonky ;) ]...  For some reason when I was making this cake I originally didn't make a 40... I made a 30!  Don't ask me why. Don't ask me why it didn't dawn on me that I was older than that and I'm the middle child. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it... at all.  It wasn't until the kids and I brought it to my parents house. They were surprised and thought it was so cute and nice... Then my mom laughingly said, "But you meant 40, right.?"  GASP!  Then it all came flooding in... ugh.  I couldn't believe it!  They were all like, it's okay, it's still so pretty, it doesn't matter, let's go have some.  Ha!  There was no way!  So, I went into the kitchen and proceeded to make my pretty little 3 into... a 4.  Unfortunately, the fondant had already hardened some, so I had to be careful and couldn't change it too too much or it would crack.  :/  Fortunately, I was able to work with it enough to get a 4 out of it.  Phew!  ;)

And if you'd like to see proof of this silly little story, well, here you go...

Original "30th" Anniversary Mini Cake - Oops!
Andrea - Animated Name






(I created my animated name at this site.)

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
    It is the little changes that will make the most significant changes.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...