Friday, June 24, 2011

R2-D2 Cupcakes - April 2009

I made these R2-D2 cupcakes for my son, Caleb, to celebrate his birthday with his 2nd grade class at school.

Star Wars R2-D2 Cupcakes 1

Star Wars R2-D2 Cupcakes - Close-Up of R2-D2

Star Wars R2-D2 Cupcakes - Small Group
Star Wars R2-D2 Cupcakes 2
First I baked, cooled, and iced the cupcakes.  Then I used food coloring to tint my buttercream icing the various colors I would need to draw R2-D2.  I started by piping everything that would be gray, which was almost everything.  I looked at a picture of R2-D2 and just tried to get the basic lines and shapes that I thought would portray him well without trying to pipe every compartment and detail.  Next I filled in the other details with the blue, black, and red icings.

I was happy with how these little droid cupcakes turned out, and Caleb was really excited about bringing them to school!  Everyone enjoyed them.  :)
Andrea - Animated Name

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...