Friday, June 24, 2011

A Welcome as Big as Texas... or Shaped Like It at Least - January 2009

I made this Texas shaped welcome home cake for my nephew, Monty.  He and his mom were moving to Texas and she wanted a little something for him when they got to the house to celebrate their move and make him feel more at home.

Texas Shaped Welcome Home Cake
For this cake I first baked a 12" round chocolate cake and let it cool completely.  I carved the cake freehand into the basic shape of Texas.  :)  I crumb coated the cake and let the icing set.  Then I put on a top coat of buttercream icing.  I used a star tip to pipe the words and the heart on in red buttercream.  Then I outlined the top of the cake with the star tip, and finished it off by doing the same on the bottom border of the cake.
Andrea - Animated Name

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...