Thursday, February 2, 2012

Giant 3D Donut Cake - November 2010

I made this giant 3D donut cake for my donut-loving daughter, Carissa's, 6th birthday.

Giant 3D Donut Cake

I also made these little baby donuts to put in the kids' goodie bags.
Cheerio Donuts
Well, actually I ended up asking my kids and my sister, Casandra, to make them while I worked on the cake.  They were excited to get to make them, and they had a lot of fun.  My daughter, Cara, actually made some little donuts similar to these previously when she went over to her friend's house one time.  (They used Nutella and some different little toppings on theirs.)  I thought they were a really cute and fun idea.  So, to make ours, I put a little bit of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry buttercream icing in three separate bowls and put them in the microwave  about 5-10 seconds, just to thin the icing a little bit.  Then Casandra and the kids got Cheerios, dipped the top halves in the different icings, and then dipped them into different kinds of sprinkles.  And there you have it - some cute little baby donuts.  :)  We separated them into dozens, wrapped them up, and included one dozen in each goodie bag.  I thought a cute idea would have been to put them in tiny white boxes, but I just didn't have enough time to see what was out there.

More pictures and details on the cake to come... :)

[Right now I'm just trying to get everything on the blog, then I'll go back and fill in details; you can read a little longer explanation here if you want. BUT if you have any questions in the meantime, in general or about this cake, please feel free to email me by clicking on the 'Contact Me' tab at the top of the page and using the email address found there, and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible. Or you can always ask questions or leave a comment about this cake by clicking the comments link at the end of this post. :) ]
Andrea - Animated Name





I created my animated name at this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...