Monday, March 12, 2012

Cake Assist: Bowling Cake with Rice Krispies Treat Bowling Ball - October 2011

My mom was making a cake for some ladies in a bowling league that she was participating in, and she asked me to help her cover the rice krispies treat bowling ball with fondant.

Bowling Themed Cake with Rice Krispies Treat Bowling Ball 1

Rice Krispies Treat Bowling Ball

Bowling Themed Cake with Rice Krispies Treat Bowling Ball 2
More pictures and details to come... :)

[Right now I'm just trying to get everything on the blog, then I'll go back and fill in details; you can read a little longer explanation here if you want. BUT if you have any questions in the meantime, in general or about this cake, please feel free to email me by clicking on the 'Contact Me' tab at the top of the page and using the email address found there, and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible. Or you can always ask questions or leave a comment about this cake by clicking the comments link at the end of this post.  :)]
Andrea - Animated Name




(I created my animated name at this site.)

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I would love to know how you got that swirly cloudy design on the fondant! This would be perfect in blue tones (and without the holes) to use as a crystal ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks for your question and kind words! I made 2 different shades of pink/maroon fondant and had one section of white fondant. I stretched and kneaded them together a little. You don't want to work it together too much or the colors will just start mixing together to make one. Then you roll it out, and as you roll, it will further marble your three colors. Look at both sides, sometimes the back side ends up cooler looking than the front. Hope that helps! Yeah, it would work nice as a crystal ball or even a planet that has a swirly look to it. Thanks again!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...