Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Cake Assist: 'Nerdy 30' Cake - February 2014

My sister Casandra asked me if I could make the decorations for this cake.  Her husband, Joe, baked and iced the cake (both which he made from scratch).  Casandra was turning 30, and she wanted a 'Nerdy Thirty' themed cake.  She told me some things that she'd like to have represented, and then told me to make whatever else I thought would fit the theme.

Nerdy Thirty Cake 1

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Decorations Only

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant 'NErDy CaKEs' Periodic Elements Tiles

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Rubik's Cube Decoration next to Real Rubik's Cube
Daddy Rubik's Cube and Baby Rubik's Cube :)

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Different Sides of Fondant Rubik's Cube Collage

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Pac-Man Style 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' & Character Decorations

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Ghosts & Pac-Man Decorations Collage

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Mario Mushroom Decoration

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Mario Hat Decoration

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Kirby Decoration

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Angled View

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant 10-Sided Dice Decoration

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Star Trek Spock Hand Decoration - 'Live Long & Prosper'
Live Long & Eat Cake :)

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant LEGO Batman Decoration
"I'm Batman"

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Star Wars Red & Green Fondant Lightsaber Decorations

Nerdy Thirty Cake - Fondant Nerdy Glasses & 'The Hobbit' Book Decorations

Nerdy Thirty Cake - The Lord of the Rings 'The One Ring' Fondant Decoration 1

Nerdy Thirty Cake - The Lord of the Rings 'The One Ring' Fondant Decoration 2

Nerdy Thirty Cake 2

All of the decorations were made out of fondant.  Details were added with fondant or painted on with food coloring or a food coloring marker.  I had figured out how to make the letters of her name out of fondant Tetris blocks, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make them.

She loved the cake & the party was lots of fun!
Andrea - Animated Name








(I created my animated name at this site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...