Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Chocolate Cake Balls with Tiny Green Flowers - November 2014

I made these cake balls for my brother-in-law Brad as a get well soon treat after he got burned on his hands, face, and torso.  (The cake balls got jostled around on the car trip up there, we were visiting for Thanksgiving, hence the scuffed up look.  I didn't take any pictures of them before we left. 😕)

Chocolate Cake Balls with Tiny Green Flowers - Close Up Angled View of 3 Flowers

To make the basic cake balls, I followed Bakerella's instructions.  You can find them here.

Chocolate Cake Balls with Tiny Green Flowers - Single Cake Ball with 1 Flower & one with 3 Flowers

After dipping them I topped them with the little green flowers that I had made ahead of time.  They are just made from mint green fondant that I colored, rolled out, and cut flowers out using a tiny flower cutter.  I shaped the flower a little by using the small end of a ball fondant tool to make a depression in the center of the flower.  

Chocolate Cake Balls with Tiny Green Flowers - Overhead View

You'll want to make sure you have your decorations ready so you can place them on top of the cake ball before the chocolate hardens.  I topped some of the cake balls with one flower in the center, and for others I used three flowers.  

Chocolate Cake Balls with Tiny Green Flowers - Close Up Angled View 1 Flower

After all the cake balls were dipped and topped with the flowers, I used a small paint brush to put some white food coloring in the centers of the flowers.
Andrea - Animated Name





(I created my animated name at this site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...