Monday, January 23, 2017

Coffee Sugar Cookies & Deconstructed Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 2014

I made these coffee sugar cookies and deconstructed chocolate chip cookies for the band members of Switchfoot and their crew as part of the Switchfoot Baking Club.  (I also made some cake balls, you can click here to see them.)

Coffee Sugar Cookies and Deconstructed Chocolate Chip Cookies

For the coffee sugar cookies I followed a recipe from I Am Baker; you can find it here.

Coffee Sugar Cookies 1

Coffee Sugar Cookies 2

I had made the deconstructed chocolate chip cookies a while back when we had some friends over for dinner.  For these cookies I followed the recipe on the back of the package of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I did not put the chocolate chips into the batter.  I baked the cookies and let them cool.  So, what happened to the chocolate chips you ask... I made ganache with them.  I used a 12 oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup heavy whipping cream.  Then I dipped the tops of the cookies.  I've found it's best to dip the cookies right after the ganache is made because the longer it sits the thicker it gets and the harder it'll be to dip the cookies.

Deconstructed Chocolate Chip Cookies 1

Deconstructed Chocolate Chip Cookies 2

I originally had planned on using white food coloring (or white icing) to decorate the top of the ganache with some kind of Switchfoot themed artwork or words or something, but my old friend Time decided not to stick around long enough.  ðŸ˜‰
Andrea - Animated Name






(I created my animated name at this site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...