Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman! - April 2007

These are the Superman themed cakes that I made for Caleb's 5th birthday.

Superman Logo Cake

Superman Cloud Cake

Superman Logo Cake - Overhead ViewSuperman Logo Cake
Superman Cloud Cake
Superman Logo Cake and Superman Cloud Cake Together

Superman Cloud Cake and Superman Logo Cake Together
The Superman logo cake is just a square cake that I cut to the shape of the logo and then iced with buttercream icing.

The way I got the pillowy look for the cloud cake is I baked a cake in a loaf pan and also baked cake in mini muffin tins.  I put a quick coat of buttercream icing the loaf cake, and then I stuck the mini muffins all over it and iced over the mini muffins with buttercream.  The Superman figure is just one of Caleb's Superman toys. 
Superman Cloud Cake Underneath the Icing
underneath icing

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...