Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cake in the Key of G - October 2006

I made this guitar cake for my husband, Ronnie's, birthday. I wanted to try to make it look like his guitar.

Acoustic Guitar CakeAcoustic Guitar Cake - Closeup of Headstock and Tuning Pegs

Acoustic Guitar Cake - Side View 1

Acoustic Guitar Cake - Side View 2
 
Below is a picture of Ronnie's guitar next to the cake guitar.
Real Guitar next to Guitar Cake

I baked a cake in a 9x13 pan and then cut the different parts of the guitar I needed from that and pieced them together.  So, the guitar is all made from cake iced with buttercream; the details were piped on using buttercream icing also.  Instead of piping the strings with icing though, I decided to use dry spaghetti to make them look more like guitar strings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...