Friday, June 21, 2013

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - March 2013

Okay, so these are not cake, but I thought these little deviled egg chicks were cute, so I decided to share them.  :)

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - Close-Up of Chick 1

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks 1

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks 2

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - Close-Up of Chick 2
 
Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - Close-Up of Chick 3

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks 3

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - Close-Up of Chick 5Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - Close-Up of Chick 4

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks - Close-Up of Chick 6

Easter Deviled Egg Chicks 4

While not looking specifically for them, I first came across these on Pinterest.  The links I clicked and ended up making them from brought me to a site called Alison Artisan (tutorial with pictures here) and a site called A Thrifty Mom (tutorial with pictures here).  I honestly don't remember which I saw first, but I pulled ideas and tips from both.
 
I thought these were so cute, and once I saw them (a couple months before Easter) I couldn't wait for Easter to come so I could make them.  I didn't follow the actual recipe for the deviled egg mixture on either site, I  just used my usual deviled egg recipe.  The eyes are pieces of black olive and the beaks are carrot pieces.  I followed the instructions in the links above for making them into little chicks.
 
I thought these turned out cute, and they were a big hit when we got together with my family for Easter.  They were almost too cute to eat.  :)
Andrea - Animated Name
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(I created my animated name at this site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...